The CardLinx West Forum in San Diego on April 10th was filled with high energy, powerful online-to-offline insights, and extensive networking. The forum focused on “The Ecology of One” and the impact of artificial intelligence, big data, cloud computing on the future of retail. The exciting day was filled with news about new forms of digital payments, APIs, and data analytics techniques involved in launching innovative commerce platforms.
The forum was preceded by two work groups the Data Sharing Work Group (Crane Standard 1.0) and Merchant Reporting Task Force as well as the newly formed CardLinx Startup Roundtable that featured a presentation by industry analyst Matthew Trusz of Gabelli & Co.
Keynote speakers included:
- Augeo: David Kristal, CEO
- Empyr: Jon Carder, CEO and Bryon Cook, COO
- Enroll & Pay: Brian Booth, CEO
- First Data: Dale McCrory, SVP, Advanced Solutions & Innovation
- FIS: Mladen Vladic, General Manager, Loyalty Business
- Groupon: Ben Reid, Director, Strategic Partnerships
- IBM: Shankar Kalyana, IBM Fellow, VP, Global Business Services
- Transunion: Paul Siegfried, SVP, Financial Services