The CardLinx West Forum in San Francisco on March 12th convened industry leaders from around the US and the world including Microsoft, Samsung, MasterCard, Discover, Transunion, Best Western, First Data, FIS, Wells Fargo, Mitsubishi UFG and many more. Key themes included how the availability of data and new machine learning technologies are transforming the consumer shopping experience.
Keynote speakers included:
- Mastercard: Kirsty Rankin, SVP, Global Loyalty Solutions
- Rakuten: Erin Warren, General Manager, Rakuten Card-Linked Offer Network
- TransUnion: Paul Siegfried, Senior Vice President
- Affinity Solutions: Jonathan Silver, President and CEO
- StitcherAds: Conor Ryan, Co-Founder and CIO
- Koopid: Dr. Venky Krishnaswamy, CEO
- Christian and Jay Ward, authors of “Data Leverage”
Kirsty Rankin from Mastercard discussed the importance of having a digital first marketing campaign that creates emotional experiences. Jonathan Silver from Affinity Solutions explained how to use data-enabled transactions to create emotional connections. Erin Warren from Rakuten presented their strategy to become the ultimate loyalty platform. Dr. Venky Krishnaswamy discussed engagement with empathy. Paul Siegfried from TransUnion highlighted how the consumer is in control now more than ever. Christian and Jay Ward presented key findings from their new book “Data Leverage.” And Conor Ryan from StitcherAds emphasized how social networks can become the best O2O channel.
1st Annual CardLinx O2O Awards Ceremony
The event continued with the first annual CardLinx O2O Awards. Winners included:
- Best Product Collaboration: Mladen Vladic, FIS
- Best Consumer Experience: Erin Warren, Rakuten
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Ben Reid, Groupon
- Founder’s Award: Kirsty Rankin, Mastercard